Tuesday, December 4, 2012

let it snow??

Even for Tennessee, the temps are way above average which is, for me personally, a blessing. Now that I have my allergy med, it's all good. A penny saved is a penny that goes toward another bill. Picking which one is the hard part! Certain ones like phone and electricity have to be before a cutoff date with occasional payment arrangements. The loan sharks don't play either. The really sad thing is that my lifestyle is very doable on the salary that I make IF...and it's a huge if...I didn't owe so many short term lenders. Sadly, I'm not the only one living that way.

Following another twelve hour nap, I finally feel like a human again. When the body gets that tired, it means to lay your ass down and be still. My ADHD makes that difficult sometimes, always finding something that needs to be done or piddled with. I know..they make a pill for that, but it's too expensive! Sometimes, you just gotta laugh at the absurdity of the whole deal to keep from crying. We've been watching IFC since the package went away and I'm really impressed with it as an all purpose entertainment network. Cash Cab is my favorite.

The grands are hanging in there for now but I don't see it lasting much longer. She has fallen a couple of times lately and the med situation is kind of precarious so we'll see. As much as they want to stay home, I think she is realizing that it's not safe and that's really sad. Christmas is her favorite holiday and even as an adult she could barely sleep from excitement...always on the couch in front of a fire. For that reason? I'll do my best to make sure this one is the funnest ever!!

My favorite Christmas memory is looking out the window of the log cabin early in the morning and finding sleigh tracks which were really made by my daddy with a lawn chair. Right at the age of not really believing, I was a born again Santa's gal for a couple more years.

Never look for miracles. They will find you if you just be still ^j^

1 comment:

  1. I i haven't been around as much as I should. When the turmoil hits it hits big. I want off the merry go round.
    Love the sleigh tracks story.
    Hugs and prayers

    ReplyDelete