Tuesday, December 1, 2015

christmas past

My parents used to host a tremendous Christmas party every year where there was tons of food, the house was decorated up and everybody went home with a dated ornament.  Yes, my mother rivals Martha Stewart in the entertainment department.  That's how she came to have thousands of pieces with which to celebrate a season that starts after Thanksgiving, hopefully.  She jumped the gun and hung a wreath plus got a tree while the rest of them are waiting for Dec 1.  They're official now.  Going through all that stuff is kind of like yard saleing fo free!  It still staggers me every time I go in.  I did find the key to the safe deposit box after Bubba paid to have it opened.  Who the hell knows why it was in that drawer.

Both of my parents were meticulous with their organizational skills which is something that I sadly lack. I suppose I make up for it in other areas like "creativity" but I pretty much need a keeper.  Slowly but surely I'm coming to terms with  all the change that this past year has brought.  My piles have moved and grown but are not gone yet.  By the time they are, I'll be dead and BG can sort!  It seems normal without them there now, and the quiet affords me a chance to hear the creaks in that old place again.  No TV blaring is an amazing thing.

I can see myself living there now when formerly I couldn't.  It was too much them and years of memories but I would like to make new ones.  Supposedly that is not an option so I guess I'll stay on the hill and take the hit on rent.  After all, I did get a 1% raise.  I'm very encouraged by what I'm feeling right now politically because it's becoming increasingly uncool to be a gun nut.  Our local emergency response team is actually teaching a class on how to deal with an active shooter.  How did we get here people?   This is not your 2nd amendment right.  It's murder.

With that being said I must applaud Planned Parenthood for the services that they offer, abortion and all.  The group that doctored up the videos and put them out there to fan the flames should be shut down  only wait...NO!  It's funded by conservative Americans.  I have always been one to look on the sunny side but this shit has to stop before we're ALL dead body parts.

Waiting on washer guy and UPS.  More later ~


No comments:

Post a Comment