Sunday, December 6, 2015

they never left

BG and I caught up at the (not) round table today and discussed things like friendship and struggles and who is really there for you.  We are both grateful for the ones who show up at just the right moment as if karma or Big Ernie know exactly what you need at that point in time.  Probably a mixture of both, truth be told.  I've been blessed with too many to count or name.  Only when I get to rambling in the ethers do I remember this tale or that event where  I found a friend for life.   It's a season of reflection and anticipation and I am open to the cosmos.

Back in the day I made multiple triple chocolate pound cakes with fudge icing and topped them with fresh holly.  The cake is legendary and not my recipe except I changed one of mama's up and voila!  I have the ingredients but am too lazy to wash the dishes so I can cook the cakes and wash more dishes.  Life is different now.   I cook less and clean more, determined to have a home that is habitable once again.  The piles are shifting and becoming manageable.

My doctor's appointment is Tuesday, since I finally realized that at "my age" I need a PCP instead of hopping around here there and yon.  BG has insurance soon so she'll be in the loop as well.  Thanks Obama!  Thanks sawmill!  As for you NRA supporters, please consider that you do not need an AK to survive in this world.  The fewer of them purchased and stockpiled, the more there are for the police.  Get your concealed carry permit and aim for the head if somebody tries to harm you or your family.  I'm all for packing legally and even for hunting.  Just NO assault weapons except for law enforcement.  Deal?  yeah, right.  The authors of the COTUS ( is that a thing ?) are literally rolling over at the billions being made off the gun industry.

I do not like what I see now, not only politically but news that people devour like Kimaye had a baby.  Who cares, you know?  That family of entertainers shot their wad with
Bruce Caitlyn  and Mama years ago.  If you are going to influence the world and make millions off being a celebrity please give back,  even if in a tax exempt way.  It's what Jesus would do and it is his birthday after all.  Speaking of which, my friend the Little General turns 67 today which kind of blows my mind because she was 32 when we met and I was ummm?   She is a Quaker/Methodist, Cubs fan and grandma to many.  Love ya....mean it.
I've noticed some hooptie cars out here cruising for nuts but they keep moving.  I did see that somebody planted a shitload of trees Friday and many are pecans filling in the gaps between the ancient ones that stand guard on the lane.  So far paint is not in the budget so I guess I'll pay for the windows for five years and then  have some interior sprucing up.  I should be rid of the piles by then and ready to retire if Sugardaddy shows up.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment