Thursday, December 10, 2015

h and p

I have no primary care provider other than urgent team type places so I bit the bullet and made an appointment with an internal medicine doc I've worked around for years.  He's close to retirement and old enough that he and his partner got grandfathered in to where they don't have to use the EMR that most clinics have.  It's still all on paper and slow as molasses.  After a 30 minute wait I went back to the desk to ask for a re-schedule with my co-pay as a down payment because I have "places to be."  I wasn't bitchy or mean, just determined to not spend my valuable time watching Shep on CNN in an empty waiting room.  I got weighed and placed pretty quickly after that.  Dr. A is deaf as a post and only had one hearing aid in today ( the other is being repaired ) so I had to speak slowly and loudly.  My labs are all normal and med list not extensive.  He made a dance card of exams I should have soon, including colonoscopy and carotid ultrasound plus a chest x-ray.  Always the thorough one, that guy.  He discovered that my mother had a complete blockage as in "almost stroked out" of the carotid when she was about my age.  Her neck got sliced open and tied up with string down at big city hospital.  I was about ummm....34 at the time?

Gizmo is Babyman's dog so this is kind of like home with a bigger yard.  When I left this morning in the fog  he was perched on the pile of dirty laundry that still covers the kitchen floor.  No washer guy, still.  I did get word that he fixed the tub and has it in the van so there's that.  Maybe tomorrow!   Sounds like that bitch will be running 24/7 until we get it done.  The Camry has been pretty trusty lately so I was really surprised when the engine wouldn't turn over and the battery clicked.  BG was in transit to Lake county so I put on my thinking cap and called a co-worker for a boost on her way in with Maddie, her son. She had BRAND new 12 ft cables in a zippered plastic pouch which I immediately attached and tadah!  Maddie was way excited about a detour of his usual morning routine of Minecraft, being  hugged and told to eat.  CB, as I call her, told him that everything out here is a hundred years old including my house.  He has plans to come back and play on  farm equipment and explore the barn.  There's a reason for everything, I'm just saying.  As far as I know TJC is on a cruise ship.

Somebody told me today I was way behind on shopping when I said I hadn't even gotten anything yet.  Honestly, it's not been on the radar.  I'm enjoying the slow drawn outedness of  decorating without a deadline.  However, I will probably get in gear when the washer is fixed.

~ Patience

No comments:

Post a Comment