Monday, December 7, 2015

blog her

I remember that was the name of a convention of female bloggers that was attended by several of my virtual friends.  That bitch from OK went and even had her own podcast on Friday night!  I know y'all must think that I'm smitten with her and I am, just like all the other bloggers I've been blessed to know.  Kinda.  There is one in particular who is in a dark place and I wish it weren't so.  I sense fear and anger and things that mess up positive vibes.  His brother in blog, meanwhile, is seizing life and being happy and Lord knows he wasn't for many many years.  Both of them self published their work and sent me signed copies.  My heroes, for sure.

Today was more of the same from corporate America and that's all I have to say about that.  Ditto for the guns and abortions and whatnot.  I refuse to use precious breath arguing with people who are so intent on destroying "the other side" that they resort to hatred and violence.  ISIS will come and chop your head off if we don't put boots on the ground halfway around the world.  Bullshit!  There are enough people in this country to watch after and investigate without taking in anymore other than documented refugees from war zones.  I would consider going to Mecca and finding a bride from Pakistan a pretty clear indication of something other than true love.  Yes, it was terrorism.  But so are many other random acts of violence that happen on a daily basis.  Please see : Crazy ass college student dresses up like Batman and shoots up the theater.  Or maybe : Pissed off kid with mother who stockpiles guns for sport steals them and kills kindergarten students.  AND their teachers.  Timothy McVeigh was home grown and a survivalist.  So, all in all I'm feeling pretty good about life because I just don't care anymore what people think.  Even with my rebellious streak, there's always my mother's genteel Southern voice asking me what WOULD people say.  To the therapists who helped me reach the other side, I love you all and bless your hearts.

^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment