Sunday, December 13, 2015

er redux

The last time we were there was in June when Daddy went in and never came home.  I was shopping at Gigi's jewelry this morning when I got a call from church members telling me she had fallen and was on the way to ER.  Just like clockwork, I moved behind the ambulance as they pulled out with her and went slowly to the sawmill.  The staff was quick, efficient and got her diagnosed in an inpatient room within 3 hours which is amazing.  Lauren was on the way to church to meet her right about the time it happened so we met up at the hospital and waited together.  My dear sweet little mama told me she just "wanted to die" and she has told me that before.  Without Daddy in her life she is lost.  Her hip is broken and there will probably be surgery in a day or two.  Getting old is not for sissies.

Sitting here looking out over the farm that has been my home for the majority of my life, I feel a lot of different emotions, especially now.  Mom's best friend just called and I busted into the ugly cry telling her how I'm not ready to be an orphan.  None of us ever is, you know.  Once your parents are gone,  you realize that you're next on the list.  It's a sobering thought, to say the least.

Yesterday my biggest concern was no Gain for the new and improved washer and today, well.  Shit happens.  Instead of railing against the injustices of life I pretty much count the little blessings and try to be happy.  Mama's biggest concern is that she'll "ruin" everybody's Christmas.  That is so her!  A couple of nurses got gift bracelets from  the sale, and so did Mom.   Happies are what's up

 Faith ~

No comments:

Post a Comment