Saturday, December 5, 2015

SKB

I began blogging around the time that it was cool where you got awards  for being prolific with words and such even if it was politically unpopular.  South Knox Bubba was a dyed in the wool UT fan and got outed by his employer for speaking his liberal mind.  I followed him, the Knoxville News Sentinel and Fletch, not necessarily in that order.  They taught me to think for myself, be who I am and keep the faith as a progressive.  We can add Bernie to the list now.  There was a she blogger named Zoot who was all over the place and I don't know who else.  It was a long time ago, okay?

My old friend called this afternoon and we talked about all things Pope Francis and guns.  He used to bring his four wheeler all the way  here to Pecan Lane and take me for rides where cars and trucks can't go.  We did one particularly cold tour of the flooded Forked Deer bottoms that was quite an experience. Before the levee blew out I actually rode above it on a trail and almost fell in. Me and Lone Eagle even ran across some pistol packing guys on the sand above the river one day and he was prepared.  That's not what happened when I was a teenager and found an abandoned boat in the mud.  Anything to get away from those bratty brothers!  I totally didn't know it was the sewage system for Dyer County.  Good for crops, right Farmer Joey?! The way things are going, we should all probably move to higher ground.

Just spent an hour with the wonderful Marla of Headlines and have a lovely shorter cut to keep me away from the clips for a few weeks.  She also shared her manicure in a jar which is the most awesome experience ever and reminded me to find some from Santa.  Her kid was selling the stuff for school, and though high dollar, it is an excellent product.  As in, the oil stays in your dried up hands for hours and smells good too. My neighbor James Frank brought some pecans from Mama and Daddy's yard yesterday and that made me sad but they will be used in holiday candies and such.  Heh.

I saw Farmer Joey head toward the slough this morning and heard a bunch of shooting right at daybreak.  Duck hunting is a "sport" I never really understood but then y'all all know how I feel about guns.  The first and only time I ever saw a dove field dressed I about fainted.  My eating habits have changed enough that I could probably be vegan if I can have cheese.

Paradise ~







No comments:

Post a Comment