Thursday, December 17, 2015

christmas present

Well..well..well....What a difference a day makes, huh?  Mom is 100% better today and called me at the butt crack of dawn wanting to know what the hell happened.  If I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't believe the tale myself.  I slapped on some clothes and went up there all looking like a skank at the end of a long night and we had a nice visit.  At first she thought she was at the dentist office but things got a bit more coherent as we all visited. My 'nother daughter came in to draw blood and I got a huge hug.  The bone doc appeared to sign off because the surgery was a piece of cake.  Before I left, Janet had gotten Mom out of bed and into a chair and she was practicing her new swallow technique. We postponed a planned procedure for another day and asked that another doc be replaced.  It is a true team effort up there when folks work together instead of against each other.

So it's umm...December 17th.  What Christmas??   It's funny how the best laid plans, which is never my strong point, go awry at the last minute and we move to Plan B or C.   The essence of true faith to me is an ability to trust that Big Ernie has my back and everybody else's.  Some folks are haters or cray cray.  Like my Daddy said "It has always been thus and so..."  I was gonna go back to Gigi's  jewelry but she's at the dentist.  Channeling mom I reckon..

BG starts her new job this weekend which should be interesting to say the least.  Everybody there already knows her through Mama which is the biggest blessing of all.   The nurses have been in constant contact with us since she's been gone and Bubba is checking mail and watering the Christmas tree.   It will go to wherever she lands in a few days.  Team Janice has pulled together once again!   The fear of dying is something that all of us must face, some sooner than others.   If I did not honestly believe that our god is one who promises comfort and peace from ashes to dust, I would be afraid to go to sleep too.

Joy ~


No comments:

Post a Comment