Friday, December 18, 2015

team janice

We are officially a thing now with our own brightly colored beaded bracelets, thanks to Gigi's jewelry house.  I stopped by to restock on the merchandise this afternoon and  my old friend Ken's daughter was there visiting so we had a beer or two and gossiped like fools.  She was buying jewels too and we shared stories about who did what when and generally forgot about the real world for just a little bit.  I could never have planned that so we'll call it serendipity.  I have always wanted to put an S on the end of Owen.

Mom is still in ICU because of a slightly abnormal EKG.  She was climbing the walls and pulling out IVs last night so she woke up with mittens.  Blood thinner is therapeutic in that it is taking the stress off of her heart so she can gain some strength.  I just got off the phone with Toni and she said she's STILL sitting in a chair!  I'll be back at 6am for another fun filled day at the sawmill so I'll find her, wherever she may be.  

Running around bearing gifts is pretty cool and good therapy for me and the people I spend days and nights with.  These are the front line workers who work together to provide quality patient care, right here at home. The pace is often brutal and everybody's got something, you know?  I can honestly say that after a few years in the desert, I see a different culture.   I firmly believe that our fearless leader had no idea how bad things were but a real vision for how it can be.  

On another healthcare note, BG has a gallbladder full of sludge and is in terrible pain.  As an uninsured healthcare consumer she is looking at a cash pay of 200 bucks for an office visit to even begin the process of diagnosis and treatment.  THIS is why so many people end up in ER.  This brilliant girl has a BSW that nobody wants to pay for so she's doing slightly over minimum wage home care for a regional provider.    She has been so totally devoted to her client and in turn, client has supported her through some very dark times. Another success story in my book.  

So, here's the thing.  I'm thinking those deer we saw the other evening were reindeer because they were headed toward the red log cabin.  There is nothing even resembling snow but that's okay.  I will never forget the one Christmas morning that we woke up to find sleigh tracks in the snow that Daddy made himself so we would believe.  

I still do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment