Saturday, December 26, 2015

'twas the day after

Kids are pretty much occupied for a day or two with their new loot and parents are wore ass out.  I prefer the kinder simpler version our family observed.  I remember those days very well when we all packed up the younguns' and trooped over to Gaga's place to eat and get presents.  When we little it was like a whole 'nother Santa at her home on Wheeler.  The last one we had together with her was when she lived on McGaughey in a duplex.  Can you say "crowded"?  

A thunderstorm recently  passed through and my AC is on.  When I stepped out on the porch to see what was up I noticed the coral azalea bush had blooms which was pretty odd but then, global warming and all that.  There's also an early spring flowering bush with white flowers visible outside BG's window and lots of green grass.  Hmmm.

Just talked to Mom about the history of the pieces that I'm getting from Casa Grands.  All of this will be moved after I get paint, windows and doors and mini-blinds.  I shared with her that I'm on a mission to create a clean house once again and she said she thought I'd feel better about myself.  Indeed.

For the first time in six months, I see myself a week out from payday with 50 bucks and some change but I have everything I need so it's good.  By an strange twist of fate, next week's check will be fatter with nothing withheld except for BK.  There's some serious extra cash to keep the boat floating.

Yay Bernie.  Keep it real ^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment