Friday, December 2, 2022

the blog fairy

Y'all stop me if you've heard this one because Lord knows, I've told it a gazillion times.  It was Christmas Eve and when I got home from the hospital the mailbox held a surprise.  It was addressed to me but the return was also me.  Anonymous, if you will.  I was single and tired to the bone of being a caretaker and keeper of the peace.  I don't remember what city that first gift was from but it was a money order for a thousand bucks.  For little old me.  I praised Jesus and Mary and whomever the kind soul was who knew that I needed help.  Like, bad.

But wait!  Another package came in January with Kroger gift cards and they just kept coming for a year.  Many were personal so I knew that blog fairy was familiar with me and my likes and needs.  Once it was a book of encouragement that I still have, signed by the fairy herself.  Or it could have been a guy fairy.  Who knows.  Said fairy even sent me a bronze peace sign which I think Lauren swiped.  I still have the Christian fish.  The second year was more sporadic and then I earned my wings and tried to be a fairy myself.  My mother was like that what with writing notes to make people go find their presents!  I guess I got my love of stories from her.  

Yesterday I went by the church office to rehearse for being a liturgist.  I had to ask Karen to blow those words up to about 14 point.  Poor Delores got stuck with all those ancestors' names and I just get to read about how the miracle started.  AND sit with my girls.  They will be here two days in a row because Nina has to fix Elizabeth's hack job on her own hair.  Don't tell me you never did it!  She is getting a party size bag of cheese puffs from me, for sure.

A couple of miracle births happened many years ago that changed the course of who we are and how we treat each other.  Let's celebrate ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment