Saturday, December 10, 2022

forgive and forget

It's odd how, over time, the things that we got crossways over fade away..  I remember one particular time when a cousin died and I got caught on messenger calling my aunts "bitches" because they didn't tell me.  Come to find out, nobody knew it but her husband and it took him awhile to process the whole thing.  Not his fault, but mine, for making totally wrong assumptions.  Several family members were mad at me for years over that.  But then time passed and we have been reunited in the oddest of ways.  I have one surviving aunt who lives on the road to Paradise and have visited her a couple of times lately.  She's the baby.  I just got a Christmas card today from one of those I thought would hate me forever.  Miracles indeed.

My living room is a total wreck of gifts and pecans plus two live animals who surround me every move I make.  Rosie woke up before daylight when I had a blowout and did the total change.  She then proceeded to play football with the nuts that are drying on a blanket.  That didn't last long because I put her little butt outside and proceeded to sleep until 10.  I am so thankful not to have to show up at the hospital come rain or snow or ice.   At 6AM, no less.  Once it was really dark and there was water on the road to the by-pass and also on the lane.  It's hard to judge how deep it is, especially in the dark.  I called in late until daylight came.  I was truly scared to try it.   There were other times when the boss hubby would pick us all up in his truck so that we were fully staffed.  Never fear!  

When I was a kid we would have to move to town for a week when the backwater was up or electricity went out.  Fortunately we had a couple of good places to go.  That was 60 years ago and still, you can never predict what the Forked Deer will do.

I'm jamming to TS0 and chair dancing.  Hope you are all doing something equally fun ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment