Friday, December 9, 2022

after the first

I'm shifting into the holiday spirit and learning that some things just have to be put on hold, even when you're in survival mode.  Christmas is not about giving people stuff, but when you have a five year old who believes with all her heart?  You make it happen in her eyes.  Thanks to one elf in particular.  The way I see it we celebrate Christmas every time we do something kind for another person.  Like leaving a tip on the gas station tree or giving anonymously like blog fairy did.

Christmas snows are pretty rare in West Tennessee but I've witnessed a few in my lifetime.  Once was when I was a kid and my Daddy drug something through it to make things look like sleigh tracks.  He was a very devout Christian who turned from Baptist to Methodist because of Mama.  She said he didn't go with her for a couple of years but then he began his journey as a lifelong member/important person/choir member, etc.  I bet he served on a thousand of those committees that meet ever so often.  He said SPCR was the one he disliked the most.  

Patty did the crawl today, in wet leaves, to gather more nuts for the cause.  She's like me....loving the bounty and not wanting to see it all go to the squirrels.  There's plenty for them anyway.  Since it will rain all day tomorrow I plan on spending the day with my Babygirl putting gifts together and seeing what we have.  I'm a firm believer in Santa not being the main character.  Gifts should come from individuals who know you like a book.

Y'all keep it merry and bright ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment