Wednesday, December 21, 2022

laura

It was just a few days before Christmas that she was out Christmas shopping and was killed by a drunk driver on the way home.  She was a nurse, mother and friend to many.  Her parents found it in their hearts to forgive him while he was in prison.  It was a Christ like move.  Later her sister moved and her mom died and then it was just Steve for a long time.  I remember going to her funeral on Christmas Eve with my daddy and a whole bunch of other FUMC people and hearing Wade preaching on the hardest funeral in his young life as a pastor.  She was one OUR kids that grew up together with Wade as a cornerstone for youth development.  We actually wept when he left to become a UMC minister.

I am reminded of this because Lauren is headed back to Jackson with toys that secret santas delivered today while we were at Headlines.  Joy and I both got our hairs done and we look stunning.   I think Nina found the perfect length for me.  After experimentation with a longer look, I had to go back.  She took about an inch and a half which lightened the load.  Drake kept stopping by to rub my hair because it was so soft!

Let's all pray for peace and good will.  This storm is NOT playing and we have to look out for others.  I may be calling you if the power goes out to see if you have a warm spot.  Feliz Navidad ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment