Thursday, December 29, 2022

infrastructure

I have heard through the grapevine that we are in a boil water advisory from Fowlkes to Finley which is DSCUD.  Evidently workers have been searching for a leak and have not been able to find it.  Which means that we may be using Forked Deer river water if the leak is under there.  I was so looking forward to a hot shower!  But it can wait, ya know? This is a very poorly managed public utility district that is privately owned.  The city of Dyersburg has offered to buy and manage properly but uh....no action.  Meanwhile, we drink river water.

Dyersburg buddies had lunch today with the addition of Cathy's grandson who is 7.  We exchanged gifts and enjoyed a great meal.  I did some serious cleaning today before the girls came for a visit.  My major purchase was this fancy ass mop bucket at Lowe's.  We shall see!  First I'll have to run the ShopVac and sweep, not necessarily in that order.  

I have my first assignment as a stringer tomorrow with the bee guy down at Finley.  I've seen it several times before and it's an impressive operation.  This time he will explain the entire process from winter to spring and beyond.  He has a seriously sweet dawg down there at the shop just like the barber does.  Trust me, I know what I'm doing.  If it involves critters I'm all in.

It's almost 2023 y'all.  Let's pray for kindness and peace in a world torn to shreds.  I don't care about politics here in the US anymore.  It will always be thus and so, like with Russia and Ukraine.  Anybody who stills supports Trump is an idiot and not in our best interest.  He may never pay for the damage he has done, but I'd be happy if he would just retire to Florida and leave us alone.  Over and our from Pecan Lane ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment