Monday, December 26, 2022

no room at the inn

My friends just left here after a visit between hotel room check in and out.  They have been living there for three days since their water froze and were forced to move to another one today because of "company policy."  Meanwhile, their son called to say that they need to come shut off the pump because the trailer is floating!

Lauren came to visit me in my sleep last night because she just couldn't pass up an opportunity to see Mama on Christmas.  I was snug in the bed when she arrived at sixish and came in fussing about me not being locked down.  I was on the heating pad and comfy so we just felt each others' presence from room to room.  If she hadn't been obliged to take care of their cat Henry I believe she would have crawled in bed with me.  

I woke up softly again today and most of the aches and pains are gone.  Being on antibiotics has messed with my fragile gut but that's over now.  I can breathe!  

Just got off the phone with my down the road neighbor and exchanged holiday greetings.  She caught me up on what's going on with them and I feel lucky.  And blessed.   

Love ya...mean it...bye ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment