Friday, December 23, 2022

a bird in hand

Of course the stormed rolled in last night and continues to blow like the dickens.  I opened the back door to find three birds trapped on the back screen door hanging on.  When I stepped over to open the screen door they took off into the house and chaos ensued.  Bubba was here to check on the heat situation which is, though tolerable, not real good because of the wind.  The thermostat is set on 70 and 62 is all she will do!  He managed to catch one bird in the house with his hands and set it free.  He also snagged the one on the porch and put it out.  There may be one left but I'm sure Rosie will get it eventually.  Right now she is outside but she'll let me know when she's had enough.

And so, we hunker down and wait.  At least the sun is out giving an illusion that all is well.  The snow is just enough to be pretty.  When I went to thaw my car out I kind of enjoyed sitting there with the hot air blowing.  It took about fifteen minutes to de-ice the windshield and set the wipers free.  This time next week it will be in the sixties.  That's Tennessee weather for ya'.

Christmas is coming fast on the heels of this deep freeze.  I'm not sure when I will see the girls because of family stuff and the weather.  Santa will visit Lauren's house and there's a ton of stuff here whenever they come.  Heck it may be New Year's!  She has a new to her Barbie bike here with a helmet thanks to Patti.  I imagine it will stay here for awhile until we get the training wheels on and the cold subsides.  We're going to play dirty santa with what's left gift wise and everybody will get what they want.  I have no idea what's in the ones that I didn't wrap.  

It's time to rotate socks and layer some more.  Y'all stay warm and keep the faith ^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment