Wednesday, November 30, 2022

lean on me

I can't tell you how long it's been since I slept in the same bed except with a cat who warms my butt.  Lauren and Reaves don't stay overnight because there's one full bed for the three of us.  Of course there is a couch but that's critter bedding.

I woke up this morning and headed to the doctor to get Poopie checked out and he gave me some valuable advice about my gut situation.  Less invasive is better.  Every time you have a surgical procedure it's a risk.  Then today I visited my GP to get enough meds fo' free from the corporate pharmacy.  Who the hell knows what I'm taking.  With multiple health issues it's always a grocery list of drugs.  I'm about ready to quit all of them and just die peacefully.  Nope....not giving up.  Just looking forward.  

When Reaves graduates from high school I will be 80 and her daddy will be 70.  What are our odds, really.  Lauren and Kim are kickass moms who love that girl to death.  They would do anything for her, literally.  They each have their own struggles yet they have managed to raise Reaves up right.  At five big old years old she is wise beyond her years.

I got a surprise phone call from an old friend today about a writing opportunity which I am all about.  I'll be a stringer, so to speak.  More later on that.  I don't do nights or holidays but I can interview and write like a mofo.  I have always believed that Dyersburg and the entirety of West Tennessee has a lot to offer.  Small business is rocking, not only this town but many others in our area.

I don't have any answers to what is going on in our little world right now.  Too much bickering and partisan politics.  Extra bad abuse of Mother Earth.  Lots of gun violence.  Blame in on who you will but I believe that it's a wakeup call for all of us to hold hands and sing for peace ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment