Saturday, November 19, 2022

Mama

Were she still alive she would be close to 90 like Daddy.  They died five months apart and those stories have been told.  I live in their home now, me and the furbabies.  And sometimes random visitors come by and make my day.  It's been cold since I got up after changing Poopie twice during the night.  Needless to say, the washer is running.  While I planned on making a pajama run to Kroger pickup the lort' blessed me with a cleanup and warm clothes.

It is a burden, but at least I'm above ground.  Tomorrow is church day and LP is joining me without Reaves.  Dat' baby has a sleepover tonight and a birthday party tomorrow.  She cut her own hair, BTW.  I have nightmares of Lauren's sleepovers during the early years.  When she was little it was always just Allison and Julia and Cyd Mitchell.  I made the serious mistake of taking on a bunch tweenagers on a couple of occasions  Lerd, what was I thinking.  They were a rowdy bunch out here in the country.

Sleepovers and play dates.  That's what makes a kid's world go around.  Plus strong parents with an equal devotion to the child as a little person learning who he or she will be.  I wish that I had spent more time talking to my kid about emotions.  Unfortunately I was just figuring it out by the time she was four.

Y'all be merry and bright.  And most of all thankful ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment