Monday, November 14, 2022

waking up slowly

After years of having to wake up and rush to work and childcare and school and all the other things that mothers do, I now have the luxury of not jumping out of bed and hitting the pavement until I go to work later in the day.  My morning routine usually features a lot of internet time to catch up on the world and visit my new favorite blogs by John Tuft and Sean Dietrich.  Both of these fellows touch my heart with their stories of miracles.  Very talented....check them out.  

I just talked with my favorite ostomate and he is bringing me some stuff to try and help with the painful stoma.  He has lived with it much longer than me and knows all the tricks.  At three years post op I'm still a novice.  The decision not to re-connect is firm and based on my chances of a better quality of life.  I just can't take two major surgeries six months apart.  

I have a very special prayer request for a single mother and her adorable child.  Times are hard.  Mama's hours have been cut in half and it takes a minute to find a new job.  Both of them are happy and healthy  but they need a miracle.

The farmers are finishing up out here and I'm glad to go dormant for a bit.  All the flowers are dead and the nuts are falling.  That could be Christmas money!  Peace and love to you.  And also gratitude ^j^  

No comments:

Post a Comment