Thursday, November 3, 2022

connected

I am not a newbie when it comes to troubleshooting an internet connection on the phone with a tech.  I don't even call until I have rebooted both modem and router.  A couple of times.  All that crap is down in the floor because the whole thing is in progress.  Got to get that stuff up high!  That will require a power strip or two but, what are you gonna do?  As for me I'm over crawling on the dusty floor without my glasses because I put them down somewhere.  Thanks to Forked Deer Connect, I am back online.  I told the guy it was no big deal and I could hotspot for tonight, but by golly we fixed it.  

How did we get this way?  Totally hooked on electronically communicating instead of in person.  I can tell you honestly that if there is an important issue on the table, I want a face to face rather than an email.  Texting is a handy way to communicate but, like email, you can't read the tone of the person.  That's why I don't text much.  I'd rather talk.  That's why I go through my head and figure out who to check in with.  Sounds crazy, right?

The beans are almost gone but the dust still lingers, thus the AC is on in November.  Well that and higher than average temperatures.  As I watched this year's crop come and go I was kind of reminded of The Grapes of Wrath.  My grandfather was a product of the post depression era when you grew your own and worked for the man.  A sharecropper.  He and Lottie had three girls and one boy who would later take on agriculture as his life's calling.  He fell in love with Mama during their years at DHS on College Street.  He was senior class president.  Her house was right across the street so that's where all the kids hung out.  That very house is for sale again.  I would love to see the inside now, one more time.  I guess I'll have to contact the realtor.  

I have an idea.  Let's all just hug each other long and strong.  I got one this afternoon from a guy I haven't seen in six months.  There is still a faint smell of his cologne on me.  You will never find me wearing anything stronger than amazing grace ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment