Friday, November 11, 2022

the price of eggs

You just never know what a day is gonna' bring.  It was almost 80 degrees on Wednesday and snow is in the forecast tonight.  I can hear the wind howling and blowing in that cold front but it's cozy here beside the logs with my critters.  I'm trying to stock up on groceries for the holiday season because I do bake cakes for special people and of course I'm responsible for Thanksgiving.  Hell, I may put up my Christmas tree tomorrow just to see the lights.  The Christmas cakes are a tradition for very special people in my life.  I doubt seriously that one of the recipients knew that my lab took a bite out of it while it was cooling.  I'm also making one for the lasagna supper at church.  I remember very well working that gig when Lauren was one of them.  Lots of work by kids and volunteers for a good cause.

Believe it or not it's supposed to snow about an inch tonight. Y'all know how that goes..might or might not.  It should rain first and then change over as the temp drops.  When I lived up on the hill snow was a beautiful sight out of that big bay window.  And treacherous on that road with ice.  Actually Samaria Bend is usually worse because it's a flat surface.  I have slid past the lane on many an occasion.  Once upon a time I dragged Lauren behind the car on a sheet.  I know...stupid as hell but it was fun and she survived.  Just a good memory.

The clock is ticking until Dr Zarr's Amazing Funkmonster returns to the Dyer County Fairgrounds on November 26. Door opens at 7 and show starts at 8.  Tickets are available at City Liquor for $40 in advance or two for $35 each.  And if you know Bubba, he can hook you up.  I'm looking forward to it because it's a tradition with us.  Sibling bonding time, so to speak.  If there are any seats left on that night, it's fifty bucks at the door.

Tuesday my family has an appointment to view our family's honest to goodness homeplace on College Street.  I'm really excited to see what it looks like now and grateful for the opportunity.  I may just take some pictures of us for posterity.

Y'all stay chill and keep the faith ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment