Friday, November 25, 2022

partay

It's amazing what three people can do when they're on a mission.  Me and Bubba and Mayberry got the whole room set up for tomorrow night in two hours.  The folks from the night before left it quite clean which is nice.  We are expecting a mayor or two to attend because well, it's a big deal in this little burg.  There is also an event going on next door which should be interesting, to say the least.  

I woke up this morning way early because bedtime came quickly after serving up all that food and two hours of playing.  Like the little hostess that she is, he was gifted with a Chickfila mint put from her little hand  to Uncle Bubba's after he left.  He don't do kids but I think this one has him wrapped.  In many ways, I still think she looks like little Janie.  She for sure has the attitude.  Sassy and sweet.  Truth or dare.  Smart and emotional, but learning.  A friend and I were talking about the mess that gets left behind from all that super energy.  Next time, she picks it up!

I am scheduled to be a liturgist at FUMC on December 4th.  It is not the first time I have spoken from that pulpit but a first at this.   What started out as a staff shortage has turned into more interaction with laypeople who are willing to serve.  That is my happy place where I turn off the phone and forget about everything but the word of God.  I may not always make it to Sunday School but I'll be there for the service, Lord willing.

I went over by Curlisha's place today to bring her a ticket and some real live vanilla.  We watched The Bradys with Mark and then sang along with Adele.  She has a big birthday coming up tomorrow!

Y'all be well and believe ^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment