Sunday, November 27, 2022

play that funky music

Welp, this old lady shook her booty last night at the Funkmonster concert and maintained quite well.  It was a fun show, as usual.  These guys are masters of the game and you just can't NOT dance to their music.  My friend Churlisha celebrated her 60th birthday in style and even got called onto the stage by the band.  I'm usually in bed no later than 9 and last night I was up until 2AM.  My gracious DD brought me home about 1130 because I know my limits but I wasn't ready to go down just yet because of the adrenaline, I reckon.  Hey....it was good exercise!  I played hooky from church today even though I was awake in time to go.  My body said "just no."  That's the extent of my partying for the year.  

It never ceases to amaze me how I can go to an event like that and don't know but ten people in the room.  Of course Bubba knows all of them and their mama'n'them.  We had a special table right smack in front of the stage.  That was one of my perks for being a sis who helped out.  There was an Indian wedding going on next door and they bumped up their music way before we did but were gone before the show was over. 

The wind is howling today and I can hear pecans hitting the tin roof like bombs.  If you are on my gift list, that will be your present.  Money is tight and 'dat baby needs some toys.  Well, actually she doesn't NEED them but she still believes so there ya' go.  

Y'all keep it in the middle of the road ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment