Monday, November 7, 2022

novemblah

My good buddy Paxito coined that term years ago about the month of November.  Second rainiest month of the year and dark early.  It rained all day today and if I were the suicidal type I would have jumped into the lake and drowned myself.  I was up early for a doctor's appointment and kind of told dude I was taking a break from Prolia.  "Why would you do that?" he asked.  The short answer is that I can't afford the twice yearly co-pay on a 5K drug.  I am 25% at risk of a fracture which is where I was two years ago and 1200 dollars poorer.  I'll just have to be really careful and not fall.  Uh, yeah.  I almost fell this morning crossing from one room to another and, instead, whacked my hand on the door frame catching myself.  Surely it's not broken.  Just a small abrasion.

Tomorrow is election day and already the deniers are lining up to sue.  This is a ridiculous waste of time and money.  It is what is is when the votes are counted.  The GOP still cannot accept that Trump lost two years ago and so there you go.  Leading the way for more obstruction of democracy. I have already voted and trust that my ballot counted no matter who wins.  Of particular interest is the Dyersburg mayor's race.  I can't vote on that because I live in the county but....we shall see.  I can tell you that the streets in Dyersburg are deplorable and there is no new industry coming in.  There are a little band of pioneers trying to populate downtown which would be swell.  Our county mayor was a long shot and he won.  Anything is possible.

As for the Senate and House, I pray that there is no huge flip.  Dr Oz is the physician equivalent of Trump and even Oprah has turned against him.  She is the one who "discovered" him, by the way.  In my mind the main issue is sensible gun reform.  Every single day we read about some idiot with a gun shooting up a mall or a birthday party or other places where innocent civilians are going about their business.  Grocery stores.  Schools.  Churches.  This ain't rocket science people.  NOBODY but law enforcement and military should have repeating weaponry in the style of ARs.  They are weapons of mass destruction.  I was about 50 years old when all the school shootings started and every single one of them could have been avoided.  Because I have a five year old granddaughter, Sandy Hook still chills me to the bone.  How does anyone ever get past that kind of horror?

I suppose that we hope and pray that common sense will prevail over the almighty dollar.  After witnessing live what happened on January 6th my faith has withered on the vine.  It seems that the idiots are in charge of my world and that pisses me off big time.  I don't believe in the death penalty to this day.  And I certainly don't believe in privatizing prisons.  I do believe in a woman's right to choose about her reproductive health, heartbeat or not.  I truly cherish the right of a person to die peacefully without hopeless intervention.  

And I pray, a lot ^j^


2 comments:

  1. Westside Middle School shootings
    On March 24, 1998

    Heath High School shooting occurred at Heath High School in West Paducah, Kentucky, United States, on December 1, 1997.

    ReplyDelete