Friday, July 8, 2022

today's rant


Here in Tennessee, we have a governor's seat up for grabs.  The incumbent, Bill Lee is big on charter schools and whatnot.  Vouchers to these schools which are religion based will be handed out to those who choose to opt out of public education because they deny history and use selective curriculum to teach children. There is an amendment about that called separation of church and state.  Don't ask me the number, but I did listen in civics class with Mr. Ramer.

The biggest industry in Tennessee is healthcare which is mostly based in the Nashville area.  I worked for one of them for several miserable years.  IMHO having a governor who understands the ins and outs of healthcare strategy would be a plus right now.   I love JB Smiley and truly believe that he has a future in politics.  He will carry Memphis , no doubt.  But, I think Dr. Jason Martin is the guy for the job.

Early voting starts next week and I will be there with bells on.  There are very close races in all of our county elections but my mind is already made up.  You don't put signs in the yard unless you are super supportive.  I couldn't even get the last one in the clay because it was so hard, but it's flipping in the breeze out there as I type.  

Happy weekend folks.  Love the one you're with ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment