Tuesday, July 5, 2022

giving up the ghost

I had every intention of keeping those 'maters and squash alive out there in Johnny's box but I'm over it.  There are two in pots which I moved out of full sun to the herb bed for a break.  I'll water the back and keep that going but it's too much for anything else.  A hundred plus degrees for days on end.  I know the odds on that sort of situation.  Not good.

My power went out for about six hours last night after I went to sleep.  I woke up an noticed it was a bit warm and then when the box fan came on I realized why.  I'm figuring rolling outages by TVA.  Thank goodness mine was at night.  I just talked to a friend in Mempho who is without power at 5PM where it's the hottest place you can be except Mississippi.

My house smells like basil because I picked what was out there and will be drying it out and using fresh.  That has done well.  Cilantro is dead. Not a summer thing, but I have some dried and preserved.  I always remember my buddy Scotty telling me that it tastes like dirty dish water.

My thermostat is set on 75 and is showing 77.  I reckon that's God's way of telling me that the great heat wave of 22 will test us all.  ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment