Saturday, July 30, 2022

hunt and gather day

I am the world's worst organizer.  I try to keep up with what I need from the store and make as few trips as possible.  Today was a dolla' gentral AND Kroger pickup day.  The cashier as the DG is my favorite, named Molly.  She is always upbeat, happy and efficient.  Their aisles were blocked in most directions which means they got a truck lately.  I got two outdoor chair cushions for half off and some mouse traps among another hundred or so bucks worth.  Molly mentioned to me that she has a five month old who needed sleepers so she stocked up at WalMart yesterday.   I will definitely buy something for this kid.  In my book she is associate of the year.

Same for those Click List folks at Kroger.  They are pleasant and explain things well like "did you see the out of stock."  Yes, I did.  I pulled up in front of their loading area because it was raining and I know they appreciate not having to walk all that way.  Speaking of being nice, I read something on Facebook today that infuriated me.  

My friend Kelly at Paws2Care posted that someone had pulled into their office, dropped a cat and drove off.  This is not the pound, people.  It is a hard working group of volunteers who do the best they can and have to follow the rules.  They are overwhelmed with animals in their system but put rescue, spay and neuter as top priorities.  They have helped me but it took some effort on my part to take ownership of the situation with my two new cats.  They even transported my beloved chocolate lab to Illinois when I moved.  She went to a good home and is a therapy dog with a special needs child.  It broke my heart to re-home her but I knew she would get hit down here with all the traffic.  She was a birthday gift from a very special friend who adopted her through a shelter in Arkansas.  So to whomever dropped that cat off, they would have helped you.  It's the coward's way out to dump and run.   My birthday fundraiser will be for them again this year.  Please donate!

It's finally raining a decent downpour which may help the corn and definitely the beans.  They were kinda' pathetic a couple of weeks ago.  My flower beds are loving it too.  And for me?  I have a screened in back porch to sit and listen.  My doors are wide open and the JBL speaker is feeding me all of my favorites.  For a hundred bucks, you can't beat the sound.

Veterans, from 9/11 on, I apologize for the vote on your benefits.  I've always been a Jon Stewart fan and I am really impressed with how he has brought public attention to this kind of unkind governmental response to those who served.  Particularly in Iraq and Afghanistan.  Get 'em Jon!  Shame on you GOP.

A couple of days ago I was so depressed that I felt like nothing mattered and I'm not normally that way.  Celexa saves me from having regular meltdowns.  By the grace of God, that has lifted and I am able to appreciate the little things again rather than dragging through a day.  

I kept the faith, and it was returned to me in the form of grace ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment