Tuesday, July 26, 2022

covid covid everywhere

Several of my friends who have been vaxxed and boosted have still come down with the virus.  So far I have dodged it but it made me realize that I have become lax when it comes to masking up.  I dug my mask out and it now sits on the dash of my car.  I do not want this thing.  Lauren and Reaves were here Sunday and LP tested positive on Monday for the flu.  Like, who gets the flu in July??? We had a great visit though, and Reaves was easy peasy until it came time to leave which is usual.  She was doing flips on the couch to stall while Lauren was sitting in the car.  My friend Mamye was here and she told her that Santa is watching.  You should have seen how quick that kid high tailed it to the car!  She was past the point of tiredness where Lauren and I both know means she's going into the "zone."  I looked at her mama and said "I think she's there."  We played hard the whole time and even had a tea party with the Christmas china.  She opened the door to the china cabinet and found the whole set.  Then she asked why it was hidden!   There was fun with the water hose because it was scorching hot and she almost sprayed Uncle Bubba but I shut it off.  I told her he would be REALLY mad if she did that..lol.

I'm quarantining for a couple of days because of the flu exposure and catching up with household duties.  I do have a summer cold so I tested myself for Covid at home and I am negative.  I had planned to attend my dear friend's funeral today but all things considered I skipped it.  I know that her family will understand.

I haven't checked the news yet today so I reckon it's time to face the reality of the day.  Y'all be blessed and hopeful.  Support each other with unconditional love.  And keep the faith ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment