Sunday, July 17, 2022

and then it rained

Not much, but every little bit helps.  I slept through it and woke up to see that it was still sprinkling PLUS I had left the water hose leaking on one of the flower beds so there were puddles from that.  I ran off to church without an umbrella so I entered SS slightly damp but that's okay.  The lesson was great given by my good friend Vicki.  We are learning in worship about what it means to be a United Methodist.  Today was about the sacrament of baptism and we all reaffirmed reading from the hymnal and changing the narrative to we.   There is a big to do going on now with the UMC and churches becoming dis-affiliated.  I assume this to be because of the global conference not being held until 2024 when decisions may or not be made about LGBTQ issues, or maybe that was an excuse  To pull out, these churches are liable for apportionments and pastor's pension for two years.  I stand firm with my church and see no reason to join the pastor killers.  I learned about that today from Dell.

Reaves and Lauren were here when I got home and LP was busy cleaning which I love.  They had gone by town before they came and picked out a kitten whose name shall be Simpson.  I had litter supplies so she took off to get toys and food.  While she was gone Reaves pitched a hissy fit because the puffs were in the car and the car was gone.  It was an Oscar winning performance!  I just let her work it out in the yard all the while telling her there's snakes in them fields.  Such.  A drama queen.

Humidity is way up in such a way that it's hard to breathe outside.  That's why I'm in here under the AC and chilling.  I am grateful for the ability to stay cool among many other things.  I'm beginning to think I need to mask up again and get some new hand sanitizer.   All the survivors have told me not to get it.  

Love ya' bye ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment