Thursday, July 28, 2022

misty

I woke up early and went to see good old Doc Turner.  He lives in Jackson but works here four days a week.  He described the monsoon they had and said that his yard was so hard the water just stood there, like on concrete.  No soaking in.  We had a light and pleasant shower that wasn't enough but refreshing anyway.  Until the humidity hit!  Tonight is supposed to be the big one with HEAVY rain carrying into tomorrow.  Yay.  I just hope it ain't like Missouri or Kentucky.  

I have a question for all of you oppose medically necessary abortion and say hell yeah to automatic weapons. Does the embryo have more rights than the weapon owner who goes ballistic and kills kids?  I say what I say here as a mother and healthcare practitioner.  My daughter went on birth control at 16 because it's what she needed at the time.  She loved the guy to pieces and I could see it coming.  Since I worked in the lab I could get her a pregnancy test pretty easily.  I came into her room today and looked over at a home kit that had been sitting there for who knows how long.  "Whose positive test is that?" I asked thinking it was one of her friends.  That's when things got real.  She was scared.to.death so I did an HCG and pronounced her not pregnant.  We turned a corner at that point and she became a believer.  It was not meant for her to have a child until the time was right according to God.

Mommy Kim sent me a picture of she and Reaves shopping for school uniforms and we both cried.  I think that has been on my mind as well....her going to "real school" and being vulnerable.  We are all coaching her on how smart she is and how many friends she will make.  I like the uniform concept.

I ate fried sweet corn last night and was scared I had a blockage but things are moving now...lol.  I read the stats today on how long the average ostomate lives and it hit me in the gut.  68-70.  But I'm not average and I try to do right so I'm going to hope for a few more years.  This ostomy is a pain in the belly, but it saved my life.  I keep wondering why I'm still here in spite of those odds.  About a week before the big blow up I went to the ER in the middle of the night and told the doc I had diverticulitis. I lost control of the trusty old Camry and was headed for a big ditchbank.  I made my peace with God and he helped me wrestle the car back on the road.   Dr NoGood did a CBC then told me that I did, indeed not have diverticulitis.  There were records from all my previous scopes with the same interpretation but he didn't bother to look.  "Your white count is normal."  No CT.  Nothing but a quick CBC.  A few days later my family said that I turned kind of a funny color and wasn't eating.  That's because there was a huge small bowel obstruction that was infected.  That's how I got from there to here.  

Praying for not 8 inches of rain here ^j^  Hope you are the same.  

No comments:

Post a Comment