Monday, July 11, 2022

barren and confused

I was late dropping Rosie off at the clinic today because I couldn't FIND her.  Cali was there as usual whining for food but Rosie was nowhere to be found.  Around 8 she showed up and I scooped her up so she didn't eat.  Off we went.  I noticed the carrier had water on the top and didn't really get why it was so heavy.  Seems as though there was a wet towel in there from where I washed the deck screen.  It was when I put her on the scale that I noticed it!  I should have taken it out right then.  They called about 12 saying she was doing well and I could pick up around four.  The girl said she was just waking up.  She didn't mew on the way home and I picked her up and carried her up the steps.  She went down them once but figured out pretty quick that was was walking all like a drunk person.  She's in her own personal recovery room which is Larry's old wicker two tier table..  She likes to hide on the bottom layer.  

Later, we took Pearl to get her nails trimmed because well...they were crooked!  It was a real mission, one that we both enjoyed.  They got right to it and we headed back to the cool air.  And yes, there was some wrestling but not as much as last time.  The tech tried to do it the easy way on the floor but she saw teeth and took her to the back.  Wise move!  

Tomorrow we travel to Ridgely for a visit with Marilyn and the chickens.  I think that Lake county has had some rain so maybe her garden is doing better than mine!   Ain't no rain in the forecast and my hose hauling self is weary.  

Don't forget that early voting starts Friday in Dyer County.  Our forefathers fought to give us that right.  For a long time women and people of color didn't have it.   It's your patriotic duty to stay informed and take advantage of that privilege.  

Y'all be blessed ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment