Sunday, July 31, 2022

comfort and joy

The children were shining at FUMC today as they led our worship and the 3rd graders received their child friendly bibles.  I overslept and missed SS even after making food for fifth Sunday.  The kids were all fantastic and I got a hand slap from every single one of them as they proudly stood in front of all their backpacks being blessed.  Right down the line!

Reaves and I had a very special day yesterday because we got to dance in the rain to Lizzo.  Both of us have moves on us, just saying.  She stuck her little tongue out and caught raindrops and then we had another tea party on the back porch with the Santa dishes.  She ended up pouring the water all over herself because she was already wet anyway!  Then we had some art therapy with happy and sad and angry faces.  We talked and shared and Lauren got a break to browse the dolla' gentral.  Best day ever.

My yard finally needs a haircut thanks to generous rain.  I'm about to pull up my political signs because the election is next week and everybody has already made their minds up.  Easier for the mowing crew, ya' know?   Same for the water hose.  My back porch is the hidey hole for everything gardening and the 'mater cages are already pulled up and stored there.  That poor little bed has one dying sunflower but I have peaches that are almost ready.  Have to check 'em every day.  

"May the Lord bless you and keep you"   ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment