Sunday, July 15, 2018

the patience of job

Today's sermon was about all the bad things that kept coming Job's way in spite of him being a good and faithful servant.  That happens to a lot of the faithful ones as in "bad things happening to good people. The preacher was a former atheist which helped to give a different perspective on the whole deal.  People get mad at God all the time when bad things happen but I can honestly say I've never blamed a thing on him.  There is so much sin and greed and corruption in our world that sometimes all that overpowers goodness and grace.  God doesn't "let" this happen.  Satan always has and always will be around.  I just pray for God's will in my own life and those of others.  

I met Bubba for breakfast at our old hangout Daylight Doughnuts where Mom and Daddy went every week until they couldn't get out to go to church..  I sat after that among a group of their friends and one kind lady brought their memories to life by recalling what faithful stewards they were.  Mama and Willis G started a homebound communion service for shutins. It was very humbling to serve someone in their home....acting as a disciple one on one.  She talked of Daddy's devotion to the mens choir until he couldn't stand anymore.  At the end they were sort of taking turns propping him up but he never stopped trying to sing his praises.  The last song was his favorite and one that he requested for his funeral.  Hymn of Promise.  I could smell the grease on me from Daylight's hashbrowns during the entire service.  

So if I'm reading things correctly Trump considers China and Russia our allies and the EU not so much.  He even told Theresa May she needed to sue over Brexit.  Lerd.  She just laughed it off like we all try to do.  I have no words anymore.  In light of everything this egotistical maniac has done to our country his supporters are alive and well and trolling Facebook.  No wait, that's probably the Guccifer bunch.

There is a good chance of rain this afternoon which would be much appreciated.  We are in that long dry hot spell known as July in Tennessee. For my bucket list I've been trying to find somebody (that I trust) to take me up in a small plane over the farm.  One of my friends flies 2 or 3 times a week so I'm gonna hit him up.  I've never flown in a small aircraft...only commercial and helicopter.  

There are some really hot congressional races about to be run and I'm just waiting for some balance up in there.  I don't care which party has control if they'll just do what's right for the ones who elect them.  You don't see that much.  Early voting has begun and I'll be stopping by this week.

If you don't vote, you have no right to complain.  Apathy is a serious problem with people who feel that their votes don't matter.  What's even worse is the ones who go and vote straight down their party line without researching the candidate.   This is a right that has been fought for over the generations for women and minorities.  I intend to use it.  

That's all I got.  If you have a sprinkler today would be perfect to run through it!




No comments:

Post a Comment