Wednesday, July 25, 2018

crafty

I haven't set foot in WalMart in years until this morning.  It took me a bit to find what I was looking for but I left with the stuff to make faux mirrors out of windows which, of course, I have plenty of.  I also stopped by a local antique shop to follow up on a job lead and found that the owner wanted somebody with decorating experience.  Very nice lady and beautiful shop, I'm just not qualified.  

Thanks to all who had my back over the whole troll thing.  I've been blogging since 2007 and that's the first time I've been attacked personally which I guess is not bad.  Most of the unwanted comments are ads for something or the Turkish terrorist cell.  If you know me at all, you know that I have good intentions.  Those good intentions may go sideways sometimes and when they do I make amends.  

I can't believe Reaves is almost a year old.  Auntie Erica and Lauren are busy making birthday plans already.  She'll think she's died and gone to heaven with a smash cake.  I have a picture somewhere or another of my baby brother when he turned one sitting in a wooden high chair in rubber pants digging into his cake.  That was before disposable diapers ya know!

I was at the gentral' without a buggy and juggling a bunch of stuff when I started dropping everything.  A kind man in front of me helped pick things up and carried them to the checkout for me.  Thanks dude!  You are today's hero.  There's one on every corner thank goodness.  It balances out the asshats.  

No politics today because I'm weary of it all.  Early voting is about to end with the election next week.  I can't stress how important it is for us to use that right especially for younger folks.  I've been watching my friend Brian live in a canoe race on the Missouri River for two days now and he is worn out.  I admire him for keeping on.  It's quite educational as he explains the difference in barge action on the Missouri vs the Mighty Mississippi.  

Okay, maybe one political observation.  The government has passed billions of dollars in aid to help the farmers who are being affected by the recent tariffs.  Hmmm.  That seems kind of ass backwards but whatever.  Not my circus.  I wonder if organic farmers will get help or just the Monsanto breed.  My friend Lorna was at one time an organic cotton farmer before it was cool.  

Carry on with faith and goodness y'all ^j^






1 comment: