Sunday, July 1, 2018

our daily bread




I took communion today for the first time in forever.  The wafers are still like gummy bears but it's the though that counts.  I spent a nice long time at the altar praying for direction and purpose in my life.  Guide me to the doors you want me to open.  Please watch over my girls.  Today's communion offering went to UMCOR so I actually wrote a check and left it on the rail.  It wasn't much, but it's something.  UMCOR is the United Methodist relief agency that assists with disasters worldwide and right here at home.  I sat with some old friends of my parents and aunt and was moved by the talent of a teenage male guitarist doing praise worship.  I grinned as the acolyte had trouble blowing her flame out, remembering when Lauren did that sacred duty.  How time flies.

Mamye is still without wheels so I took her to Wallyworld for a couple of things and she bought me lunch.  It's beyond hot and miserable around here and Heather is on the way with a table and chairs for Lauren.  We are such a little village though miles apart.  I can't wait to see dat baby.

Stay true to your beliefs, remember who you are and keep the faith ^j^














1 comment:

  1. Sweet post. Taking part in repentance and forgiveness is so healing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete