Sunday, July 29, 2018

pecanless lane

I hit the pavement this morning determined to stay in forward motion which takes me under the canopy of pecan trees.  As is my custom I looked high and low and found only one tree with nuts out of about 30.  I dare anybody to touch that one tree!  The uninvited pickers will show up as usual in October/November and boy will they be disappointed.  Even the ones at the cabin are bare.  

I cruised down to see Daddy's surprise lilies and there's a ton of them.  On the way back from the chicken store I saw a gorgeous deer running through the beans.  I've seen them in that spot before but this one was really close.  It had just crossed the road and was running like crazy to the other hideaway.  They never cease to amaze me with their beauty.

I talked to Lauren and Reaves this morning and she mostly said "yadablahblado". I'm assuming that means I love you grammaw.  Last time I was there I showed her a picture of herself on my phone and she immediately started kissing that baby.  Hilarious.  

The moon was not quite full but still gorgeous and bright last night.  It's back to school time around here and no sales tax weekend in our state so it's kind of like Christmas in July at all the stores.  Lotso  crowds.  Former Governor Phil Bredesen was in town on Thursday for a closed round table discussion and my friend Rachel got to interview him!  He is currently running for the Senate seat being vacated by Bob Corker.  Bredesen's TennCare model of healthcare delivery was the crown jewel of his administration until the crooks got involved with the daycare and pharmacy pieces.  What we have currently is a refusal to expand Medicaid dollars based on partisan politics.  This has hurt not only patients but the entire industry.  And that industry?  Is the largest employer in our state.  Go figure.

Keep smiling.  Keep shining.  


No comments:

Post a Comment