Monday, July 9, 2018

rise and shine

I had an FNP appointment this morning at 8 so it was good that the sound of a chain saw woke me up.  I straggled around trying to wake up and watched as limbs fell everywhere.  It has always been really dark in this house because of the trees up close and it's so bright now that they're cleared out, especially in my office.  We're still at least six weeks away from getting out of the corn box and back to a clear view.  

Finally, I had some fried green 'maters from my own garden.  They were delish and I ate every bite plus some fried squash and Vidalia onions.  My cardiac risk has gone from very high ten years ago to low at present based on HDL, total cholesterol and LDL.  That is because I rarely eat red meat or other high fat foods and more veggies.  I don't like them raw but they sure are good with Italian dressing cooked in the oven or skillet.  What I had last night was 100% canola fried!  I use a lot of olive oil as well.  

Just had a three way with Lauren and Reaves and will probably head that way Wed or Thurs.  I miss that little toothy grin.  Y'all have a marvelous week wherever you are of whatever is on your plate.  As Jerry would say it's "Marvelous Monday."

Peace ~

No comments:

Post a Comment