Saturday, July 28, 2018

packed out

My friend Anita was buried today and it was quite a moving service.  Her tiny little church was full to the brim and the fans were on high.  Thirty minutes after the service was set to begin people were still pouring in and the folding chairs got pulled out.  What a celebration of her life!  We cried and held hands and didn't know the words to the songs but were moved by the blending of voices.  The eulogy was delivered by a pastor from a church in another county and he was on fire, for sure.  I sat there mesmerized as he quoted scripture after scripture but managed to get in a laugh or two.  It was an honor to be a part of it.  In a way, it was two funerals.  My friend Mitzi lost her brother last night and there will be no service so I felt her heart as we sat next to each other.  Tiffany sang like an angel.  

Speaking of surprise lilies, I came home to find the first one blooming this afternoon.  They are such a cool phenom to me how they come up out of nowhere.  I'll have to check the cabin and see if any of Daddy's are left.  With all the dirt work they might have taken a hit.  

Like the preacher said today " You never know when it's your time, only God does.  Appreciate the life you have while you are here on earth and treat each other with kindness."

Amen ^j^

1 comment: