Tuesday, July 3, 2018

let freedom ring

I'm pretty strapped right now which seems to be the "new normal" Still, I couldn't resist dropping three bucks at the fireworks store for sparklers and roman candles.  I am to the point where I'm looking for ways to make extra cash like selling windows which ain't going too well.  I had a rush there for a week or so and high hopes for that stained glass.  Now it's crickets.  

The ATT guy came out to check on why my connection keeps dropping out and he was gone before I even knew it.  Evidently it was something out on the road but the modem gets hot sometimes so I'll probably have to buy another one.  One more reason to seek a better deal.  I'm fairly certain they won't provide service at the cabin anyway.  They won't even extend it 1/2 mile to the neighbor's house.  

My chin is pretty sore where I landed on it crawling in the window.  Thank the lort' no teeth were broken because I don't have any to spare!  There will be no BBQ or celebration here except for that three bucks I spent on fireworks.  Reaves is better today, sweating off the fever and taking amoxicillin.  Her tough little mama is making some moves to secure their future and I commend that.  You don't know what to do until you know what the plan is.

Yesterday literally wore.me.out what with the driving and the heat and the window crawling.  I slept very late today because I stayed up late.  It's kind of hard to accept that I can't hang like I used to. Getting old is not for sissies but at least I'm above ground.  

Enjoy your holiday and remember that we are celebrating independence from tyranny.  Ahem.  ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment