Friday, July 13, 2018

god save the queen

I ran across a live feed this morning of Queen Elizabeth patiently standing in wait for Trump and Melania.   And she waited.  And waited.  It was obvious that she was not amused at their lateness by the way she held her purse and her facial expressions.  She was gracious as always but you could just tell.  What an insult.  Meanwhile, London is a hot mess of protesters against said Mr. Lateness and his entire visit.  At the rate we're going, there won't be an ally left.  The POTUS is supposed to be headed to Scotland next where he has a golf course.  I felt sorry for Melania, actually.  She looked terrified.

Nothing new in my neck of the woods. It's still hotter than blue blazes so I stay inside.  I'm trying to get motivated to keep on making piles but just can't catch the right mood.  I have a bunch of things for sale but it's a buyer's market  and very sketchy and nothing I can count on until the spirit moves.  And it usually does.  Out of my hands.

I'm still wonky but I'm sure the heat has a lot to do with it.  Well, that plus juggling blood pressure.  Not whining, it just is what it is.  I just got a call from a lab person who is trying to be proactive on a scheduled 24 hour computer downtime which is a nightmare.  Everything is ordered run and reported manually and then you have to go back and enter results after the fact.  A couple of hours now and then is okay but 24 hours????  Bless all their hearts.

I'm finally healing up from that window diving the other day but still don't have a key.  I can lock myself in at night but from the outside I'm screwed.  And so it goes.

Keep the faith kids ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment