Saturday, June 20, 2015

summertime blues....ain't no cure

Why yes, I hate heat and humidity...why do you ask?  The first day of summer is a scorcher following a monsoon named Billy Bob or something last night.  I slept for 12 hours and woke up feeling like I knew what day it was instead of having to look at the phone for guidance.  Since we all know getting discharged from the hospital is a "process" I knew I'd have plenty of time with some to spare which I spent exchanging the underwear that's too big.  Her nurse Betty is one of my favorites, always smiling and energetic.  She took care of Aunt Granny as well just over a week prior.  Since then we've been to the funeral home twice and the ER once and back to the sawmill every day.  And to home, sweet home with ale in tow.

Mom and I had a long discussion about their options and she keeps wanting me to tell her how to "make" daddy move with her to assisted living.  You don't MAKE the man do anything, it has to be his idea.  Once it's in his repertoire he owns it.  His biggest fear is being separated from this farm which has been home for 60 years.  I can't convince him that will not happen, even with plans B C and D.  Wheels are in motion that won't take much to act on so there's that comfort in the storm.  Meanwhile, they were just happy to be together.  I can't BELIEVE these are the same two that harped at each other all day Tuesday.   I'm glad he's gonna be in a good mood for Father's Day.  Just sayin'.

The talking heads are in overdrive and on steroids about Charleston and the freakin' rebel flag and I now know the true meaning of SMH.  Not shake, but smack.  When right wing Christian gun nuts claim that this was not a hate crime after the man announced his intentions and why, is something they'll have to answer to Big Ernie about.

Gotta' run.  Mom needs her cell phone!


1 comment: