Friday, June 19, 2015

holy moly

So um, yesterday the handy dandy mobile x-ray folk took a picture of mama's pelvis and found it be be cracked.  The call from her doctor came late afternoon and he told me to take her to the ER so there we went.  It wasn't busy, which is a blessing but you know there's nothing good about a hospital admission especially after you've worked there all day.  We went in expecting the worst meaning rehab (again) and found out today that she will be dismissed tomorrow to home.  No fix for that kind of fracture but bedrest.  She had been walking on it for two weeks since the fall so I think it was just a "let's make sure" kind of thing.  Cousin Sandy reported for night shift in L/D and brought her some snacks so it was all good.  When I checked in this morning prior to class she was sawing logs and enjoying the peace.

My day consisted of tons of post-it notes and lots of nerf balls.  It was a very intense intro session for problem solvers from most every department  and my brain is tired beyond words.  The storm has moved in and doused us a time or two with more on the way which is bad for the wheat harvest but good for the straw bales.  In the ice breaker/intro this morning we all told a little about ourselves and what animal? we would be. My thoughts raced back to night before last when I saw a huge buck standing in my front yard watching the house.  He ran when I yelled for BG to come look.  I've never seen one that big up that close.

I have two days off and I need 'em.  This has been a very looooong week on many levels and I'm just about tapped out as supergirl.  Catch you after some sleep....and keep the faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment