Wednesday, June 17, 2015

be still, my friend

Well hell....it looks like we're all primed for a record setting week of ungawdly heat around these parts and it's not even officially summer.  Global warming aside, I've noticed lots of lightning bugs but snakes are scarce except in the basement.  That's why there's a towel under the door so he won't crawl up in here and bite my ass.  I'm watering the straw bales daily even though it looks pretty dismal at this point in time.  BG left for work at noon and the dogs were about to dehydrate by the time I rolled in at four.  They are presently resting comfortably on the bed .

Today was an off site work assignment which was much busier than I am used to but fortunately I had a stool with wheels.   You know....like ALMOST a nurse.  These folks are the most precious of precious, coming in for treatment which includes everything from procrit to carbo.  My friend Candyland and I chatted about her mother in law's recent death among other things.  I took lunch to visit the local VA benefit guy with whom I had made an appointment only to find that he was "not available."  Probably getting his ass chewed by a supervisor because there was a lot of yelling back there.  I schlepped back on over to today's assignment and finished up the day by buying Dianne bracelets from Sherry the gymnastics queen.  Before she got pregnant, this gal would do cartwheels up and down the hallowed halls of cancer treatment. Today was the first ever that I've noticed a volunteer.

Haven't talked to Daddy but I'm assuming he's still pretty mad which seems to be his  normal state these days.  Mom waffled on the negotiation in progress saying that she doesn't really want to leave, but. Sometimes a girl's gotta' do what keeps her sane.  I'm sure there will be plenty of help to pack her panties.  I missed the big photobomb at lunch yesterday because of feeling overwhelmed with life.  Besides, you have to have cash at Mexico.

Let's all hold hands and hope the Camry makes it to Jackson safely on Tuesday.  Ohhhhmmmm.



No comments:

Post a Comment