Saturday, June 27, 2015

out of body

Things have been happening so quickly that I don't even know what day it is except for the fact that yesterday was Friday so this must be umm...dang.  It has been one week since Noler died and it's been pretty much a blur with all that plus work and grands.  BG started a new job yesterday, one that uses more than her dish washing skills and is more in line with her social work training.  There is nothing about working in a kitchen for minimum wage that lifts the spirit except the kindness of a random few along the way.

It's quiet now, except for Sophie barking her head off at the golfers across the way.  The storms rolled through in succession and dropped our temperature by several degrees which is a welcome break.  The past week has been brutal in more ways than one.  When there is a quiet time it takes a few minutes for me to ratchet down from crisis mode and focus on a task.  The house is a wreck normally so that's nothing new. I'm a slob not by choice but by necessity.  When cleaning and sorting a life, there are lots of piles. Sometimes I think I create impossible situations as a way of dealing with my procrastination addiction, forcing myself spring into action.

Grief is hard work, no doubt and life is filled with it.  I was visited yesterday by a picker who had just lost his beloved dog and came to get the pump he bought so he could suck the water out of the ground to bury her.  I could see the pain in his eyes and voice and I've certainly been there many times, even recently with Ryder.  Those days of crawling into the barn waiting for puppies to walk seem like a thousand years ago.

Marriage equality and affordable healthcare are two things that should be a given yet there are think tanks full of asshats sitting around plotting to sue somebody and make it more complicated.  I see new thinking on the horizon and considering all the hooyah about an independent candidate for president, I'd say it's a win win situation while the conservatives eat each other for dinner.  On our dime, with a prayer by the Duggars.  I don't begrudge anyone their beliefs, just don't push them off on me like I have none.  Politics is not the place for religion no matter how many times you post "our country needs God".  God is here all the time and really does a lot of head shaking if I'm correct.  Why? he asks.  Why do you persecute and profile and otherwise make people seem unworthy?  Why does one of the richest nations in the world allow its' people to not have access to medical care and healthy food?   Is that what Jesus taught?????????

I think not, y'all.  I think not ^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment