Monday, June 22, 2015

big girl panties

Lord have mercy y'all....The John Deere bunch is trying to beat the rain and get the rest of that wheat out  so it's a kind of difficult breathing situation here on the hill.  Still no new AC filter, by the way.  BG and I met up with KK at her work to plan her Pnoler's service which will be on Wednesday afternoon.  Patti Lou agreed to do the honors and Lauren picked out an urn and some flowers while I talked to Mama in the casket sample room about Daddy's pills.  Lori will be counting them soon as well as transporting to hair and doctor's appointments.  This old girl is smooth wore out.

BG picked up his stuff yesterday with the exception of the truck because ...no keys.  They were always in his pocket, ya' know?  That's another thing for the end of life care team to deal with.  I am still amazed at how hard this hit us even though we knew it was coming.  I was scheduled to report to a trustee's meeting tomorrow and instead will be with my child preparing to honor her father's legacy.  Funeral home twice in one week is a bit tiresome, if you know what I mean.

I handed off my part of team DRMC for now because, well. That's how a truly integrated bunch of professionals works.  My plate is full and actually running over on the sides!  From all of this chaos, I see some light at the end of the tunnel for the first time in forever and it came to me slowly but surely as we drove up Sampson Avenue to get things done.

^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment