Tuesday, June 9, 2015

reaching out

I don't know about you guys but I'm already worn ass out and it's only Tuesday which was, of course, parental medical transport day.  BG scooped them up in the Cadi with no air and I met them for the actual visit.  The doctor did, indeed, help a girl out with some maintenance meds until I can get some time for an appointment of my own.  I think it's the heat and humidity that's killing me plus Monsanto and Obama.  There was this highly visible post today about the top 50 hospitals that mark up the actual cost of service to Jamie Dimon levels which punishes those who have no insurance.  In the great state of TN our somewhat assholish lawmakers have refused to accept federal money to expand Medicaid which could provide wellness for a whole lot of Southern folks who need the care.  As for the corporate entities and all their claims of free care, that's just a plus on their balance sheet at the end of the year.  Rick Scott. Bill Frist.

With Bredesen's TennCare we actually had a workable model for healthcare delivery until the Ford family and Pharm started raiding the pantry and the whole thing went broke.  We haven't had a Democratic governor since.  My old friend Hoss who is now a dung beetle first contacted me to ask about that very thing.  He was a former speech writer for the governor of Oregon, you know.  Old Horsetail Snake, just saying.  If I hadn't met him in person I couldn't tell the story because you can't make this shit up.

It's hot as hell and not even the first day of summer.  I saw lightning bug's butts last week which always reminds me of my brother Tommy.  We are at about the same place in the cosmos, right Bev?

Grace  ~




No comments:

Post a Comment