Sunday, June 14, 2015

hold my beer and watch this....

It's summer and I hate to sweat which makes me pretty grumpy when there are multiple trips in and out of vehicles to numerous destinations like to work and to pick up the grands for Aunt Granny's visitation.  It was our first trip around the block at the new place and I must say I was super impressed.  KK and I go all the way back to the nursery at FUMC and are as different as night and day but it's always been true love.  Her late Mama paid for my divorce if that tells you anything.  So anyway, the new place has a drive up where the old folks can be led safely into the building by the door guys.  BG got out first and them helped Mom with the walker.  I put it in forward and ran over my Daddy's foot because he wasn't even out yet.  Luckily Dewey caught him.  All of this in a damn 14 year old Camry with no hubcaps.  One of my cousins asked if I was drunk.  Heh.  Right!

We have a family of ducks living at the pond by the highway and they kind of wander willy nilly around the used car lot next door.  As we were coming home this afternoon I slowed down to get a closer look and then Daddy proceeded to tell me what crop was planted in every field along the road to home.  He may be retired as manager, but he still knows what's up.

The next few weeks are crucial for me financially as I attempt to crawl up out of a hole that should have been acknowledged a year ago.  In my constant quest for activity to keep the whole boat floating I've ignored my talents and made excuses for not using them.  This must and will stop, one step at a time.  Having my house clean(er) is a big plus and it makes me breathe a little bit easier every time I purge another corner.  It's called picking,  y'all.

In loving memory of Nancy Reaves Godsey, I give you "the look" ^j^

1 comment:

  1. I'm purging too. I'll be thankful when I can set a normal set of garbage bags by the curb on Monday morning and not a mountain.

    ReplyDelete