Thursday, June 4, 2015

little boxes

My friend Gigi is in the real estate biz and works it 24/7 with appraisals and whatnot.  She has a fantastic pool that I haven't even dipped a toe into this season until today because, you  know.  It's been a long winter!  Since we had an opportunity for improvement at the sawmill today I didn't get away until the sun was right smack over her house.  The water wasn't much cold and lots of my friends were there and lord have mercy I needed it.  Mo called me to see if I was on duty because her Mama was in transit with a  bruised hip and on hospice.  What to do?  Hmm.  We cried and we hugged and generally bonded as family who don't have a clue how to deal with what's going on with our elders.  Granny is my mother's only surviving sibling and I say that with a grain of salt because she's not thriving.  Alzheimer's patients tend to chase the past and contract into the fetal position and none of it is pretty.  It's the price we pay for getting old and God bless Caitlyn when she gets there.

I have never claimed to have all the answers but still show up and try to be a part of the solution.  That's a pretty solid way to live according to standards of honor.  The last ten years has been a blur that ended me up where I am currently, sleeping with dogs on Pecan Lane.  It beats the hell out of a cardboard house under the interstate.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment