Thursday, October 30, 2014

shake it off

Lord have mercy y'all...times are tense. It's been way too long since I sat on the beach with an umbrella drink and listened to the surf. There's something about that horizon that just makes me feel small but important all at the same time. I will never forget the mother daughter trip me and Liz took with our girls where I mostly sat on the balcony and drank beer while they were out partying. No tattoo for BG on that go-around. My last trip was farther east to Sandestin and I can honestly say it was worth the extra miles. That was four and a half years ago and too far from the sand. I want to hear the surf when I go to sleep, ya know?

Mama's second day home was challenging what with a brand new intake by my favorite nurse Dana and PT with Mario. She's still kind of uneasy not having somebody to help her get around except for Daddy which I totally understand. She honestly told me that the reason he's talking to himself "now" is that she was gone so long. I gently broke it to her that it's been going on steady for the past two years. He is afraid because he is responsible for her and it puts him in OCD overdrive. Ms. Faye said he slept a lot while she was gone which is always good. If he's napping there's no schedule! It's cloudy again following a beaUUTIFUL day with lots of eye candy. My favorites are the gumball trees and maples.

I'm learning to trust again..not only myself but others who have given me plenty of reason not to. Right now I'm listening to the Doobie Brothers and their post-Katrina masterpiece. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for what happened there and the fact that Ray was just living fat and sassy while all those folks just washed away. The coast has recovered which is amazing considering the fact that Sandy came along and did the same thing years later. Cities in the Keys have water in the streets outside businesses. Tell me that shit ain't real. The thing that makes me the maddest is the the Corp spent funds designated on shoring up those levees on other projects. But maybe it's not their fault...it could just be global warming and a total denial of it by most people Republicans. I just hope I have the big one before the Hunger Games comes to Pecan Lane.

Meanwhile the DEA is busting legal grow operations in Colorado playing Big Ike because it's one week away from an election. Meanwhile our local county law enforcement has made two grow busts in private homes because, once again it's a week away from the election. I don't give a rat's ass who is mayor but I do have something to say about those props and my voice will be heard. BG and I have a date for the polling.

I'm sitting here looking out the uncovered windows watching nature. The squirrels and birds are scurrying around on their winter forage. There is only one dog on my bed right now and it's SammyD of course. He's getting on up in years but can still run like the wind. So can the other three. The damn cat just waits to be fed and pees on things if it doesn't happen quickly enough. WHATEVER bitch.

Happy Halloween Eve peeps. You may not recognize me tomorrow ^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment